Therapeutic Exercise Is A Fantastic Way To Reclaim Function And Live Pain-Free!
Have you been looking for a way to decrease your pain symptoms by increasing your physical activity? Therapeutic exercise is a simple and effective way to relieve pain and help you regain your stamina, agility, or flexibility! Contact Midland Sports Rehab and Freeland Sports Rehab today for more information on how therapeutic exercise can help you!
Improve Your Quality Of Life With Therapeutic Exercise
It is common to assume that when you are in pain, you should simply rest. It feels natural to want to stay away from any sort of physical activity after an injury. However, doing so can cause your muscles to weaken during the recovery process. This will result in decreased functionality and increased discomfort in the long run.
The good news is that chiropractic and physical therapy at our Midland and Freeland, MI clinics can assist you. Our chiropractors and physical therapist are movement experts who have been trained to improve strength, range of motion, and overall body function. Our goal at Midland Sports Rehab and Freeland Sports Rehab is to help you live a pain-free life with even greater strength and endurance than you had previously.
Let us design an individualized recovery plan for you that includes therapeutic interventions to relieve pain, improve vulnerable body parts, facilitate recovery, and achieve optimal levels of function.
Your recovery plan may include a variety of therapeutic exercises as each one has a unique purpose. These include:
- Muscle Performance Exercises – Increasing power, endurance, and muscle strength are vital to good balance and stability. They also contribute to bone and joint health as well. Resistance and endurance exercises are designed to increase muscle strength without injury.
- Posture Exercises – You may not know it, but posture has a direct effect on muscle power, coordination, and injury risk. Hours spent at desks, leaning over keyboards, poor muscle tone, and poor posture patterns can result in discomfort or disability. Posture exercises help to relieve aches and pains by correcting bad posture. Not just during training, but also in everyday tasks.
- Range of Motion Exercises – These kinds of exercises are aimed at increasing the range of motion in your joints and soft tissues. This occurs through active, passive, or assisted stretching activities designed to help your joints move better, without pain.
- Area-Specific Exercises – It is easy to think of exercise as something we do with our muscles. Although, exercise can also help our body’s other systems. Exercises focused on your arms, legs, or back are all examples of area-specific exercises!
- Relaxation Exercises – Although it’s vital to exercise muscles, joints, and soft tissues, it is also crucial to help them relax. Even though falling asleep when you are in pain isn’t ideal, relaxing will help your body begin the recovery process. Heat, ice, electrical stimulation, massage, or trigger point therapy are all pain-relieving therapies that can help the body recover, boost sleep, reduce blood pressure, and keep you going back to the gym for more exercise!
- Coordination and Balance Exercises – You put the muscle and skeletal structures in your body to the test any time you rise, walk, rest, brush your teeth, prepare a meal, or go about your everyday activities. You lose your ability to look out for yourself and keep yourself safe if you cannot maintain your balance! If you do not have control over your body, you put yourself at risk for falls and injuries. Your ability to care for yourself or your loved ones depends on your ability to balance and coordinate your arms, legs, hands, and feet. That is why balance and coordination exercises are so important, especially after an injury or illness.
Live A Healthier Life With Therapeutic Exercise
If you want to live a life with less pain and more strength, schedule an appointment with Midland Sports Rehab or Freeland Sports Rehab today. We will help you learn more about therapeutic exercise and how it can help you achieve your physical goals and live the life you want!