Is Your Ankle Pain Limiting Your Lifestyle? It Is Time To Get Relief With Physical Therapy, Chiropractic Care, Acupuncture, Massage Therapy, Assisted Stretching, Or Personal Training!
Ankle pain can significantly reduce your quality of life and make doing the things you love a challenge. Your ankle may be hurting for numerous different reasons, but there is hope! Midland and Freeland Sports Rehab can help you determine the cause of your ankle pain and get you the relief you are looking for. Call us today at (989) 341-1070 to speak with one of our licensed and qualified Midland and Freeland team members to learn how we can help you!
Possible Causes to your Ankle Pain
A variety of events in your life may cause foot and ankle pain. An injury to the foot or ankle can cause pain, making it difficult to bear weight on the affected area. Even minor pain can lead to physical limitations in your daily life. Ankle pain may occur suddenly due to acute injury or may develop over time due to chronic underlying conditions.
There are several common causes of ankle pain, including, but not limited to the following:
- Achilles Tendinitis – A sudden strain in the Achilles tendon can cause tiny tears. These tears may result in inflammation at the back of your ankle. It is important that your Achilles tendon heals with rest or scar tissue may occur. Requiring surgery.
- Arthritis – Arthritis is a very common inflammatory condition that affects the joints and causes pain. The most common types are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Both types of arthritis can greatly impact the ankle joints and can affect anyone at any age.
- Bursitis – Bursitis occurs when the tendons rub against the “bursae” or anti-friction sacs, causing Flat Feet. While having flat feet is usually painless, it may cause pain and swelling in your ankles due to unalignment of your feet and knees.
- Fractures – If you break one of the bones in your ankle (tibia, fibula, or talus), you will experience ankle pain. A fracture to the ankle could result in weeks of downtime to ensure proper ankle pain relief and healing.
- Chronic lateral ankle pain – Previous ankle injuries could cause pain if they did not heal correctly. The less stable your ankle joints are, the more they will hurt.
- Lupus – Lupus is an autoimmune disease that can affect any part of your body, including your ankles.
- Strained Ankle – Sprains and strains happen often, and oftentimes, they get confused with each other! A sprain occurs when a ligament is stretched too far or torn. Conversely, a strain occurs when a muscle or tendon is stretched too far. Both of these injuries should be checked out by a medical professional to ensure no lasting damage will occur.
Midland Sports Rehab and Freeland Sports Rehab have been shown to help with ankle pain relief, the rehabilitation of injured extremities, as well as the relief of acute and chronic pain.
How Can Treatment Relieve Your Ankle Pain?
If you or a loved one are experiencing ankle pain that is limiting your quality of life, Midland Sports Rehab and Freeland Sports Rehab can help! During your initial appointment, our Midland or Freeland physical therapist, chiropractor, acupuncturist, massage therapist, assisted stretching provider, or personal trainer will perform a thorough assessment to determine the source of your pain. After the assessment, a personalized treatment plan will be formed to help relieve your ankle pain and discomfort.
The majority of our treatment plans for ankle pain incorporate specialized hands-on manual therapy techniques, exercises, and stretches to restore joint mobility, improve balance, and strengthen the ankle muscles. We will do everything in our power to alleviate your discomfort and improve your strength and circulation, so you can get back to moving with ease.
We will also re-evaluate your treatment plan over time and may recommend lifestyle changes or orthotics to prevent re-injury or additional problems in the future.
Ready To Get Up And Moving Again With Ease?
Stop allowing ankle pain to control your life. You deserve to be able to move freely without discomfort! Our multidisciplinary practices in Midland and Freeland will assist you in regaining mobility, comfort, and overall function while also removing painful restrictions. Please contact Midland Sports Rehab or Freeland Sports Rehab today to schedule an appointment. We strive towards helping with ankle pain relief, and will get you back on your feet as soon as possible!