Orthotics Can Help You Move with Ease
Did you know that your feet change as you age? Discomfort can be caused by natural changes in the structure of your foot, the support of your ligaments, and/or complications from previous injuries.
If it is difficult for you to get through the day due to leg or foot pain, or you find yourself avoiding movement to spare your lower extremities… Orthotics could be for you!
Custom orthotics from Midland Sports Rehab and Freeland Sports Rehab can help you relax and manage your daily tasks. If this sounds like something you could benefit from, make an appointment with our Midland or Freeland, MI chiropractic and physical therapy practice today to learn more about how we can help relieve your foot pain with custom orthotics.
Reasons for Foot Pain
The disorders or diseases mentioned below are only a few examples of conditions that can cause foot pain. Physical exercise should be used to cure any of these conditions:
- Metatarsalgia – Metatarsalgia is a painful condition that affects the soles of the feet. This condition is often exacerbated by ill-fitting or restricting boots. This is a crippling condition that affects the knees, bones, and the ball of the foot. On the bright side, orthotics are often used to help relieve the pain associated with metatarsalgia. Orthotics work to ease pressure and strengthen your foot!
- Diabetes – Diabetes can lead to foot problems because of restricted blood flow and nerve damage. When the muscles in the foot no longer work together properly, it may result in uneven strain on the foot. In severe situations, the unequal strain will cause sores, infections, and even amputation. Diabetes-related foot conditions can be avoided when wearing appropriate footwear.
- Heel Spurs – Heel spurs occur in the bony protrusion on the heel that is usually composed of calcium buildup. Although the spurs themselves are not painful, they will prick the tissues in the heel and inflict extreme pain.
- Plantar Fasciitis – This condition can be caused by obesity, age, and standing for long periods on your feet. This is caused by tightened or inflamed tissues around the bottom of the feet. It starts as pain felt along the sole, heel, arch, and especially in the region connecting the heel bone to the toes.
- Arthritis – Arthritis is a debilitating joint disease that can affect the joints throughout the foot. Stiffness and swelling in the joints can eventually lead to permanent damage which can affect the way you stand or walk.
Will Custom Orthotics Help Ease My Pain?
Orthotics are similar to insoles, however, they are custom-designed to suit your feet perfectly. They are also made of materials that last longer than prefabricated orthotics.
Custom orthotic inserts will improve how your feet and lower legs feel and function. Although custom orthotics are more expensive than off-the-shelf devices, they last much longer and provide more support and correction.
There are generally three types of custom orthotics, including:
- Functional – These will help your feet to move better or bear weight in a way that will help you move and walk better.
- Accommodative – These are created to help you relieve the stress on joints that is often caused by conditions such as arthritis.
- Therapeutic – If the shape of your feet is irregular, these types of orthotics can assist heel support, forward movement, and general stability.
Get Fitted for Custom Orthotics Today!
We understand you have places to go and things to do. Here at Midland Sports Rehab and Freeland Sports Rehab in Midland and Freeland, MI, we want to make sure you feel your best and are light on your feet! Request an appointment today to learn more about how our personalized orthotics can help you.