Chiropractic care is a health care profession that focuses on disorders of the musculoskeletal system and the nervous system and the effects of these disorders on general health. Chiropractic services are used most often to treat neuromusculoskeletal complaints. This includes back pain, neck pain, pain in the joints of the arms or legs, headaches, and more.
Here at Midland Sports Rehab and Freeland Sports Rehab, our doctors of chiropractic care embrace the knowledge that chiropractic care isn’t just about making pain disappear. Chiropractic care and chiropractic adjustment are about understanding and learning the cause of pain to improve overall quality of life. We work diligently to make sure that our services are of the best quality. We focus on educating our patients about the chiropractic care that they are about to receive. Our doctors of chiropractic care believe in providing natural solutions with every diagnosis. Allowing you to restore and maintain your own level of health.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care:
- Pain relief
- Immune booster
- Increase flexibility
- Increase joint mobility, function, and health
- Assist in a healthier pregnancy
- Lower blood pressure
- Increase energy
- Decreases inflammation
How Can Chiropractic Care & Chiropractic Adjustment Help You?
Approximately 22 million Americans visit a chiropractor each year. While some may think you need to be in pain or suffering from a particular condition to benefit from chiropractic care, being proactive in maintaining a healthy spine for preventative measures can be even more valuable to your lifestyle.
When your mobility becomes reduced due to pain, pain and pressure on the affected area can become more severe – causing a vicious cycle of increased pain and decreased mobility.
Chiropractic care can help reverse this. Chiropractic adjustments help to increase mobility in the affected area, thus reducing pain and enabling a greater range of motion.
Most of us think of spinal manipulation only when it comes to chiropractic care – which is a key part to chiropractic treatment. Precise adjustments made by qualified professionals work to align vertebrae while providing a greater range of motion. These precisely applied adjustments also adjust the nerves themselves, making the pressure on the nerves much less severe.
In addition to any spine and extremity manipulation, your chiropractor may also choose to perform complementary techniques based on your condition and individual needs:
- Mobilization. This occurs when the practitioner strategically moves the affected area in various positions in order to reposition vertebrae or extremity joints, reducing any adhesions for improved mobility.
- Manual traction. This occurs when the patient sits or lies down on the table facing up. The chiropractor gently stretches the affected area in a specific direction to relieve pressure on a painful joint or nerve.
- Mechanical traction. The Flexion-Distraction technique involves using a specialized table that gently distracts or stretches the spine. These tables allow doctors to isolate the spinal area of involvement while slightly flexing the spine in a gentle “pumping” rhythm. Treatment sessions are brief and comfortable. Mechanic traction is a suitable option for those with high levels of pain who cannot tolerate other techniques.
Contact Us Today To Get Started!
We understand that all of our patients might be diagnosed with the same condition, but that doesn’t mean that they will respond to the same treatment. For this reason alone, we believe in tailoring our programs so they meet all of your needs, goals, and medical requirements. Our multidisciplinary Midland or Freeland, MI chiropractors understand the ever-growing industry of health care and can provide you with the right techniques and understanding. Let us help you to find security and comfort in all of our treatment options. For more information, request an appointment at Midland Sports Rehab or Freeland Sports Rehab today.