Having Trouble Staying Upright? Midland and Freeland Sports Rehab Can Help With Balance Issues!
Being dizzy, although not alarming on a brief occasional basis, is not a symptom you should have to live with! If your dizziness lasts longer than a few seconds and negatively impacts your day-to-day life, Midland Sports Rehab and Freeland Sports Rehab may have a solution for you! Midland or Freeland, MI chiropractors, physical therapists, and acupuncturists are experienced in treating Dizziness & Vertigo.
Symptoms of dizziness
Dizziness can be caused by a variety of factors, including lack of sleep, poor diet, excessive exercise, or physical illness such as the cold or flu. It can also be caused by something as simple as getting up too quickly after laying down or sitting for a long period of time. Dizziness may be accompanied by the following symptoms:
- Loss of balance
- Feeling faint
- Tunnel vision
- Light-headedness or heavy-headedness
The best way to know the source of your dizziness is to visit a doctor. There may be another underlying factor you do not know about.
Could You Have Vertigo?
Vertigo is a physiological reaction that causes a physical imbalance in your body. Vertigo can be extremely difficult to deal with because it can disrupt your daily routine and lifestyle. Even while sitting, vertigo will make you feel as if you are “rocking” or “spinning.” Some say they feel as if they are on a roller coaster ride, but do not be confused, this is not a fun feeling!
The most common cause of vertigo is an imbalance in the inner ear, also known as the “vestibular system.” Your vestibular system helps keep your balance and center of gravity by transmitting signals about your movement to your brain. If this system is damaged or not working properly, the impulses needed to keep you balanced are blocked from reaching your brain.
Look out for these other specific symptoms as well in regards to vertigo:
- Abnormal eye movements
- Arm and leg weakness
- Difficulty with vision and speaking
- Unable to concentrate or stay alert
- Nausea and vomiting
- Double vision
If you have dizziness or vertigo, it is time to look for a Midland or Freeland, MI physical therapist, chiropractor, and acupuncturist to evaluate you. Call Midland and Freeland Sports Rehab at (989) 341-1070 or click here to make an appointment.
Are You Living With Any Of These Conditions?
Several conditions can result in vertigo or problems with dizziness and balance:
- Vestibular neuritis – This is an inner-ear infection that can cause vertigo.
- Migraines – Migraines can impact the vestibular system, causing vertigo episodes that are sometimes accompanied by a light or sound sensitivity. It is possible that your vision will be impaired as well.
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) – This is the most common source of vertigo. It happens when tiny calcium crystals in your ears break apart and travel around to various areas of the ear where they are not supposed to be. This can cause sudden spinning (vertigo) and inner-ear discomfort.
- Meniere’s disease – This happens as the fluid builds up in your ear (s). This normally involves “ringing” in the ear and unexpected waves of extreme dizziness that can last for hours. You can also experience temporary hearing loss.
- Stroke – A stroke influences the movement of the whole body. If you have recently had a stroke, you may feel vertigo waves that can last for prolonged periods.
If any of these rings a bell, chances are your balance has been negatively affected and you could use the help of a licensed physical therapist, chiropractors or acupuncturist!
Allow Midland and Freeland Sports Rehab To Help You Get Back On Your Feet!
Dizziness and vertigo can negatively affect your daily life, limiting your ability to perform even the most basic tasks. However, you do not have to keep living this way. Midland and Freeland Sports Rehab has a high success rate in diagnosing and treating dizziness and vertigo.
Our physical therapist, chiropractors or acupuncturist will examine your condition and create a treatment plan that will address your concerns while also improving your foot stability. Our innovative treatments and diagnostic techniques have earned Midland and Freeland Sports Rehab a reputation as one of the most effective dizziness and vertigo treatment practices in Midland or Freeland, MI.
If you are living with dizziness or vertigo, do not put treatment off any longer. Call Midland and Freeland Sports Rehab at (989) 341-1070 right away to schedule an appointment. We will assist you in regaining your footing as soon as possible!