Knee Pain Holding You Back? Get Dancing Again With Physical Therapy and Chiropractic Care!
Do you ever worry that your knees will “give out” while standing? Do you look for the closest parking spot at your favorite store or avoid businesses that have a lot of stairs? Have you ever declined an invitation from your friends or family because you fear your knee pain will slow them down? If this describes you, you are in the right place. Knee pain can really put a damper on your life. It can keep you from doing the things you want to do, and prevent you from making really great memories. Luckily, that ends now! Midland Sports Rehab and Freeland Sports Rehab believe that you can get back to doing all the things you love, without the need for dangerous drugs or invasive surgery. Schedule an appointment at our Midland or Freeland, MI clinic today to get back to a healthy, active lifestyle with knee pain relief!
What Is The Cause Of Your Knee Pain?
Your knee is a hinge joint that can only move forward and backward. Did you know your knees must support 6x your body weight when performing a squat? If operating properly, your knees should allow you to perform movements like standing, walking, running, and dancing. However, if your body is not properly aligned, doing basic every-day movements will function with pain.
Knee pain can be brought on by a number of things, included but not limited to:
- ACL injury – There are four ligaments that connect our thighbone to your shinbone, the ACL being one of them. An ACL injury is usually common in people who play sports. Some common ACL injury sports include soccer, basketball, volleyball, and other sports that require sudden changes in direction.
- Fractures – If you have fallen or been in a car accident, the bones of the knee, including the kneecap (patella), run the risk of being broken. You can also experience a knee fracture from simply taking a wrong step if you have weakened bones.
- Torn meniscus – The meniscus is known as the shock absorber between your shinbone and thighbone. If you suddenly twist your knee while bearing weight on it, this tough, rubbery cartilage may tear.
- Knee bursitis – Inflammation in the bursae, the small sacs of fluid that cushion the outside of your knee joint, can occur as the result of a knee injury. Consequently, preventing the tendons and ligaments from gliding smoothly over the joint.
- Patellar tendinitis – Tendons are the thick, fibrous tissues that attach muscles to bones. If they become irritated and inflamed, tendinitis can occur. The patellar tendon, which allows you to kick, run and jump, extends from the kneecap to the shinbone. Patellar tendinitis typically occurs in runners, skiers, cyclists, and those involved in jumping sports and activities.
Seeing an expert provider at Midland Sports Rehab or Freeland Sports Rehab for a thorough evaluation of your condition is the best way to determine the true cause of your knee pain. Request an appointment today!
How Can Treatment Help With Knee Pain Relief?
Knee pain does not have to hold you back any longer; physical therapy, chiropractic care, acupuncture, massage therapy, assisted stretching, or personal training at our Midland and Freeland, MI clinic can help. During your first appointment, one of our providers will examine your knees for signs of misalignment or structural damage. They will also evaluate your stance, posture, gait, and range of motion. Afterwards, a customized treatment plan will then be designed to relieve unnatural stress and strain on your knees! Together, we will work with you to improve overall joint function so you can get back to living your normal life with more flexibility and less pain.
You will be given specific exercises to improve the stability of your knees and relieve your pain. Joint mobilization may also be included in your treatment plan to improve joint movement or other soft tissue treatments that relieve pain and promote healing of damaged tissues.
The treatments at Midland Sports Rehab and Freeland Sports Rehab might be able to help you avoid having to undergo costly and painful surgery as well.
Find Long-lasting Knee Pain Relief With Midland Sports Rehab and Freeland Sports Rehab
Now is the time to take control of your knee pain and keep it from hindering your life any further. Get started on the path toward long-term pain relief today! Make an appointment at Midland Sports Rehab or Freeland Sports Rehab today to speak with one of our dedicated providers.