Is Your Ankle Pain Holding You Down In Life? It Is Time To Get Relief With Physical Therapy, Chiropractic Care, Acupuncture, Massage Therapy, Assisted Stretching, Or Personal Training!
Ankle pain can significantly reduce your quality of life, would you agree? Your ankle might be hurting for a number of different reasons, but there is hope! Midland Sports Rehab and Freeland Sports Rehab can help you figure out what is causing your ankle pain and get you back up and moving around again as soon as possible. Call us today at (989) 341-1070 to speak with one of our licensed and qualified Midland and Freeland, MI multidisciplinary team members about how we can help you!
What Could Be The Reason Why Your Ankle Hurts?
A variety of events in your life may cause foot and ankle pain. An injury to the foot or ankle can cause excruciating pain and make it difficult to bear weight on the affected area. Even minor pain can lead to physical limitations in your daily life.
Ankle pain may occur suddenly due to acute injury or may develop over time due to chronic underlying conditions. There are several common causes of ankle pain, including, but not limited to the following:
- Achilles Tendinitis – A sudden strain in the Achilles tendon can cause tiny tears, and can result in inflammation at the back of your ankle. It is important that your Achilles tendon heals with rest, or scar tissue may occur, causing the need for surgery.
- Arthritis – Arthritis is a very common inflammatory condition that affects the joints and results in pain. The most common types include osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Both types of arthritis can greatly impact the ankle joints and can also affect anyone at any age.
- Bursitis – Bursitis occurs when the tendons rub against the “bursae” or anti-friction sacs, causing them tFlat Feet – While having flat feet is usually painless, it can cause your ankles to hurt or swell if your feet are not in line with your knees.
- Fractures – If you break one of the 3 bones in your ankle (tibia, fibula, or talus), you will experience ankle pain. A fracture to the ankle could result in weeks of downtime to ensure proper healing.
- Chronic lateral ankle pain – If the outside of your ankle hurts, this could be due to a previous injury that didn’t heal correctly. The less stable your ankle joints are, the more they hurt.
- Lupus – Lupus is an autoimmune disease that can affect any part of your body, including your ankles.
- Strained Ankle – Sprains and strains happen often, and oftentimes, they get confused with each other! A sprain occurs when a ligament is stretched too far or torn, while a strain occurs when a muscle or tendon is stretched too far. Both of these injuries should be checked out by a medical professional to ensure no lasting damage will occur.
Fortunately, Midland Sports Rehab and Freeland Sports Rehab have been shown to help with the rehabilitation of injured extremities as well as the relief of acute and chronic pain.
How Can Treatment Relieve Your Ankle Pain?
If you or a loved one are experiencing ankle pain that is keeping you down in life, Midland Sports Rehab and Freeland Sports Rehab can help! During your initial appointment, our Midland or Freeland, MI physical therapist, chiropractor, acupuncturist, massage therapist, assisted stretching provider, or personal trainer will perform a thorough assessment to determine the source of your pain and then create a personalized treatment plan for your condition.
The majority of our treatment plans for ankle pain incorporate specialized hands-on manual therapy techniques, exercises, and stretches to restore joint mobility, improve balance, and strengthen the ankle muscles. We will do everything in our power to alleviate your discomfort and improve your strength and circulation, so you can get back to moving with ease.
We will also re-evaluate your treatment plan over time and may recommend lifestyle changes or orthotics to prevent re-injury or additional problems in the future.
Ready To Get Up And Moving Again With Ease?
Stop allowing ankle pain to control your life. You deserve to be able to move freely without discomfort! Our multidisciplinary practices in Midland and Freeland, MI will assist you in regaining mobility, comfort, and overall function while also removing painful restrictions. Please contact Midland Sports Rehab or Freeland Sports Rehab today to schedule an appointment. We will get you back up as soon as possible!