Have Power Over Your Chronic Pain With Physical Therapy, Chiropractic Care, Acupuncture, Massage Therapy, Assisted Stretching, Or Personal Training!
Being with pain can make daily life difficult and less enjoyable. While it is normal to experience pain after an injury or surgery, that pain should go away after you heal. If you are still living with pain, or have a chronic illness or disease, you need a plan; a plan to get out of pain the most effective way possible, without the use of unnecessary drugs.
What Makes Pain Chronic?
Chronic pain is defined as pain that lasts three months or longer. If you have been experiencing pain that you cannot seem to get rid of and it interferes with your daily activities, do not hesitate to contact our Midland or Freeland, MI multidisciplinary office. At Midland Sports Rehab and Freeland Sports Rehab, we might have the answer you have been looking for!
What Causes Chronic Pain?
This can be caused by a variety of factors, and the best way to deal with it is to seek medical help.
Chronic pain happens because of one of the following causes:
- Overuse Injuries – Overuse injuries are common and can affect any area of the body that is used frequently. When correct posture is not used, damage to your joints and muscles can occur, resulting in long-term pain.
- Disease – Certain diseases such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, shingles, and neuropathy as a result of diabetes, can lead to chronic pain.
- Surgery – Surgical treatment may be required to correct a structural problem; however, the rehabilitation process itself may be painful.
- Compensatory injuries – when you have an injury or misalignment in a certain area of your body, other parts of your body will adjust to compensate. This compensatory pain is the result of joints or muscles moving incorrectly, which generates strain on other areas of the body.
- Workplace Injuries – Any accident or injury on the job can result in this.
- Car accidents – People involved in car accidents can develop widespread chronic pain in the weeks following the event.
Midland Sports Rehab and Freeland Sports Rehab Can Help Relieve Your Chronic Pain!
One of the primary goals of treatment is to manage pain and treat underlying causes, rather than masking symptoms with medications. Physical therapy, chiropractic care, acupuncture, massage therapy, assisted stretching, and personal training can teach you how to move your body correctly to avoid injury. Our Midland and Freeland, MI providers are highly trained movement professionals, capable of identifying physical issues and addressing the underlying physiological causes of these issues.
We use thorough physical examinations at Midland Sports Rehab and Freeland Sports Rehab to evaluate your posture, weak and vulnerable body parts, areas with limited range of motion and detect any gait or balance irregularities. All of these tests aid our providers in determining the root cause of your chronic pain.
Following the examination, your provider will create a rehabilitation plan that is specific to your needs. Your treatment plan will include both in-clinic and at-home therapy to keep you safe while you are receiving treatment. The goal will be to help restore soft tissue and joint mobility, using advanced, pain-relieving techniques and gentle strength-building activities.
Ready To Take Control And Rid Yourself Of Chronic Pain?
Treatment can mean the difference between living in pain and taking back control of your life. With our dedicated and caring team, there is no reason to be afraid of our treatment. So, what is holding you back from pursuing recovery when you have so much to gain?If you are ready to get your life back on track and stop living with chronic pain, make an appointment with Midland Sports Rehab or Freeland Sports Rehab right away. We can assist you in overcoming chronic pain so that you can get back to living your life comfortably!