Relieve Your Headache Pain And Get Back To Living Your Life!
Do you frequently experience headaches? If so, you will be relieved to know you are not alone because headaches are the third most commonly reported cause of pain in the world.
Poor posture, stress, and other factors can cause muscle and joint weakness, strain, and injury in the neck, are all causes of headaches which can lead the pain to radiate from the scalp, the side of the head, or even the forehead.
Although treatment is not always the first thing that comes to mind when looking for relief, it can be extremely beneficial. Medications will only help relieve pain in the short term, which is why if you are living with chronic headaches physical therapy, chiropractic care, acupuncture, massage therapy, assisted stretching, or personal training can be the key to long-term relief.
Call today at (989) 341-1070 for more information or click here to make an appointment!
What Kinds of Headaches Are There?
Knowing how to recognize the type of headache you are experiencing will aid you in determining which exercises will benefit you the most.
The three main types of headaches include:
- Musculoskeletal headaches – Musculoskeletal headaches happen when the neck is overworked. The most common causes are physical imbalances, deficiencies, or injury, but emotional stress can also play a role. Whiplash along with other neck injuries can put a strain on the muscles and connective tissues and cause musculoskeletal headaches.
- Cervicogenic headaches – Cervicogenic headaches are a type of headache caused by pain in the neck’s top three vertebrae. Cervicogenic headaches can be caused by conditions, such as concussion, arthritis, or even work-related strains. These kinds of headaches are more common in people who work jobs that require a down-turned head or neck motion on a regular basis.
- Tension headaches – Tension headaches are caused by pressure on the “dura mater,” a delicate membrane that surrounds the brain. When the dura mater is stressed, it spasms near the small muscles at the base of the skull, sending pain signals to the brain and resulting in a headache. This can be caused by repetitive movements or poor neck/head posture.
The Benefits of Physical Therapy, Chiropractic Care, Acupuncture, Massage Therapy, Assisted Stretching, Or Personal Training for Headache Pain
At Midland and Freeland Sports Rehab, we are committed to providing you with the best treatment for your headaches.
At your first appointment, one of our highly qualified providers will conduct a physical examination to determine the type of headache you are experiencing and the source of your pain. Following that, a treatment plan will be created specifically for you, which will most likely include targeted workouts, manual therapy, and patient education.
Choose PT states that treatment helps manage chronic headache pain by:
- Therapy can improve function and mobility.
- It can decrease or resolve the intensity, frequency, and duration of headaches.
- It can help you decrease your need for or dependence on medications.
- It can improve the ease of motion in the neck.
- You can experience an overall improved quality of life.
Remember that no two patients are alike, and neither are two treatment plans! The only way to find out what one of our licensed providers will recommend for your headache pain is to request an appointment with one.
Unlock True Pain Relief with Physical Therapy, Chiropractic Care, Acupuncture, Massage Therapy, Assisted Stretching, Or Personal Training
Therapy with Midland and Freeland Sports Rehab could be your key to a healthier, pain-free life. Our therapy methods at Midland and Freeland Sports Rehab are centered on pain relief, posture improvement, and muscle strengthening in the neck and upper back.
All of these will make your daily life much more relaxed and bearable, free of the discomfort of headaches!
To consult with one of our Midland and Freeland, MI providers, call (989) 341-1070 or click here to make an appointment.