Are You Experiencing Pelvic Discomfort? Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy, Chiropractic Care, Acupuncture, Massage Therapy, Assisted Stretching, Or Personal Training Could Change Your Life
Have you been experiencing pain or discomfort in your pelvic region that severely limits your daily activities? Thankfully, pelvic floor therapy helps to alleviate symptoms of pelvic dysfunction as well as enhance muscular strength. Pelvic floor rehab seeks to address current discomfort while preventing it from recurring or increasing in the future. To find relief, schedule an appointment with one of our Midland and Freeland, MI physical therapist, chiropractors, acupuncturist, massage therapists, assisted stretching providers, or personal trainers!
Can Pelvic Floor Therapy Improve My Condition?
More common pelvic conditions that our providers treat include:
- Urinary incontinence/bladder dysfunction/constipation – Pelvic floor rehabilitation will concentrate on strengthening the muscles under your bladder in order to control and eliminate urine incontinence symptoms and bladder difficulties, and constipation.
- Postpartum pelvic pain – Pelvic floor damage is frequent in new moms as a result of strained muscles and/or connective tissue after giving birth. Pelvic floor healing, in addition to mending any injured muscles or tissues, results in a reduction in any discomfort the patient may be experiencing.
- Dyspareunia – Pain with intercourse is commonly referred to as “dyspareunia.” Pelvic floor rehabilitation can loosen and relax the muscles in your pelvic and anal areas, which can help relieve and eliminate constipation.
- Endometriosis – Endometriosis is a disease that can damage bones, muscles, ligaments, and nerves in the pelvic region. Pelvic floor rehabilitation, in addition to strengthening the pelvic floor muscles, can help relieve the pain and bloating associated with endometriosis.
- Post abdominal surgery pain – If you are recovering from a recent surgical operation, pelvic floor rehab will help to break up scar tissue, improve stamina, and regain range of motion in your abdomen/pelvic region.
What is Pelvic Floor Rehab?
Pelvic floor rehabilitation is a type of therapy that has been demonstrated to help with a range of pelvic pain-related issues. While many people believe that this type of therapy is exclusive for women, it is actually beneficial to all genders!
Pelvic pain can be treated in a number of ways. Pelvic therapy, for example, can be used to examine and improve painful intercourse and infertility issues. A few less frequent problems that can be addressed include pelvic organ prolapse, dyspareunia, and diastasis recti.
How Can A Pelvic Specialist Help?
Your Midland Sports Rehab or Freeland Sports Rehab provider will do a complete examination of your issue in your initial session. Then a personalized care plan will then be created to meet your exact requirements. Typically, a combination of exercises, heat treatment, and massage will be required to ease discomfort, lessen symptoms, and perhaps heal the illness.
Call Midland Sports Rehab and Freeland Sports Rehab Today to Learn More About Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation
Midland Sports Rehab and Freeland Sports Rehab are fully prepared to diagnose and treat all forms of pelvic discomfort. You deserve to live life according to your terms, without the constant plague of discomfort and limitations. Make an appointment with us today if your pelvic pain is limiting your activities.