Are Your Muscles Bothering You Lately? Try Myofascial Release For Achy Muscles!
Do your muscles feel tense or stiff? Muscle aches and pains have a significant impact on your daily life. Luckily, sore muscles can be eliminated with myofascial release!
Muscular discomfort causes myofascial pain. Certainly, myofascial release treatments at Midland Sports Rehab and Freeland Sports Rehab can help you find relief! This massage-based therapy relieves pain by releasing tension in the affected muscles.
One of our Midland or Freeland, MI treatment providers would be delighted to meet with you to discuss how myofascial release might benefit you! Schedule an appointment today if your sore or tight muscles are interfering with your daily activities.
Common Conditions Treated with Myofascial Release
When muscles become constricted or tight it can cause pain and movement restrictions. Generally, these restrictions have a significant impact on your mobility. Myofascial treatment helps to reverse this by first freeing up the constricted muscles to allow quicker movement without discomfort.
Many conditions can be treated with myofascial release. Some of the most common ones are:
- Sports Injury – Sports injuries such as sprains and strains can also cause muscle stiffness. During treatment, the affected area will be massaged to loosen up the muscles and allow for a quicker healing process.
- Tension Headaches/Migraines – Myofascial release has also been known to relieve the pain of chronic tension headaches and migraines by massaging the tightened muscles around the head and neck.
- Fibromyalgia – This condition can also cause stiffness in multiple muscles. The affected areas will be determined and then massaged.
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorder (TMJ) – Myofascial release is used to massage the muscles around the jaw in many patients with the temporomandibular joint disorder. This reduces pain and inflammation while also increasing jaw mobility.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome – Patients suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome may benefit from this therapy. Correspondingly, it involves massaging the muscles in their hands, wrists, and/or arms to improve function and mobility.
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome – This is the most common condition treated, and it affects a wide range of muscles. During treatment, myofascial pain’s “trigger points” are identified and massaged away.
- Venous Insufficiency – Myofascial release can help reduce the amount of blood pooled in the veins and allow for more effective blood flow, reducing vein pain. Our treatment providers have a thorough understanding of which pressure points to target in order to restore the fascia to its normal elastic state.
If you have been diagnosed with one of the conditions listed above or believe you could benefit from myofascial, contact our Midland or Freeland, MI chiropractic and physical therapy office today.
Contact Midland Sports Rehab or Freeland Sports Rehab Today To Learn More
Your life should not be ruled by tense, stiff muscles- and it does not have to with myofascial release treatments! At Midland Sports Rehab and Freeland Sports Rehab, we are committed to providing high-quality care tailored to your specific requirements. Make an appointment with our Midland or Freeland, MI chiropractic and physical therapy practice today to get some relief.